Airfield Research Group Limited is a registered charity with the objects:
To advance the education of the general public by carrying out research into, and maintaining records of, military and civilian airfields and related infrastructure, both current and historic, anywhere in the world.
We achieve this by:
• Undertaking research into airfields, their supporting facilities and infra-structure, and related military sites.
• Disseminating this information to both its members and the wider public through its quarterly periodical Airfield Review.
• Preserving the history of these airfields, through both physical and digital media, in its archive facility at Alconbury.
• Facilitating the research activities of members through free access to the archive material.
• Providing consultancy services to third parties such as professional bodies, historical societies and educational establishments, in order to further their own research activities.
• Advising on the architectural and historical merit of airfield structures as part of their protection, preservation, repair, restoration or alternative use.
• Educating the public, especially younger people, in the history of these airfields and their buildings, through contact with schools, universities and colleges.
As a result the charity is able to provide the members with the following benefits:
• Four quarterly issues of Airfield Review for the calendar year (January to December) of joining.
• Access to the members-only area of the website that holds an expanding array of research material.
• Reduced fees of any ARG Ltd-organised visits to airfield and aeronautical sites.
• Access to the archive that enables you to take part in the work we do, as well as to further your own research.
• The ability to have your research professionally published in Airfield Review.
• The opportunity to volunteer to contribute to our charitable aims.
In addition we facilitate a very active forum within the website for the exchange of airfield information, as well as our presence on Facebook and Twitter.
Come and join us!