Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Photobucket image links are no longer allowed, as a matter of forum policy.
Your Mods have been doing a massive job in sorting out the photobucket issue, please assist them by posting directly to the thread and not through a 3rd party host.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC: Operations Room 15586/40 at Cluntoe

Operations Room 15586/40 at Cluntoe 30 Jan 2018 10:25 #1

• Jim UCC
  • Jim UCC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 4
Dear All
I have been looking at the Ops block at Cluntoe Co. Tyrone and it has left me more than a little confused. The original structure has the usual blast walls and ventilation system but also appears to have many window as part of the original design. Odd I though given it was meant to be a protected structure. But then I was back yesterday and found the windows and one of the doors had been blocked up and rendered over during its operational lifetime (certainly not by a local farmer after the war). has anyone seen anything like this elsewhere? Photos attached

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Operations Room 15586/40 at Cluntoe 14 May 2018 14:19 #2

• Able Mabel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 28
I cant recall the drawing number of the Goxhill example but I am sure it looks similar. There was a window in the front way, behind a blast wall entrance IIRC.
Both your photos show that something has been bricked up but there is no sign of a concrete lintel in place
I cant be sure of the exact location of your photos so I am wondering if one was the 'opening' to the coal house or for a vented outlet ???

I believe the Operations Block at Ludford Magna had windows at high levels . . . that appears to be a lot different in appearance to the Cluntoe example.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim UCC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.352 seconds