Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 5 HANGARS ,1 GUARD HOUSE AND HUTMENTS AT HIGH ERCALL SHROPSHIRE

5 HANGARS ,1 GUARD HOUSE AND HUTMENTS AT HIGH ERCALL SHROPSHIRE 14 Sep 2019 11:30 #1

• WILLIAMARNOLD
  • WILLIAMARNOLD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 216
i could only approach the hangars from a long distance ,except the modern one by the guard house , The Hutments are off the site about a quarter mile away at approx SJ 603 174 adjacent to the west side of the B5603 south of its junction with the B5602 apart from one structure they are all joined together and contain what i think might be a gas decontamimation unit though it might just have been showers they would bear closer attention from someone more knowledgeable than me.
Long ago and far away

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Bomber

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 HANGARS ,1 GUARD HOUSE AND HUTMENTS AT HIGH ERCALL SHROPSHIRE 14 Sep 2019 12:17 #2

• Carnaby
  • Thank you received: 384

WILLIAMARNOLD wrote: The Hutments are off the site about a quarter mile away at approx SJ 603 174 adjacent to the west side of the B5603 south of its junction with the B5602 apart from one structure they are all joined together ...

That is Site2 SSQ Station Sick Quarters LOCATION

The big joined-up building is the SQ and Annexe Type B The three buildings are the Ward Block, Medical Inspection Block, and the Decontamination Annexe

The two buildings above are Ambulance Garage & Mortuary (big doors), and the Latrine block

There was a further building to the left which was a timber barrack hut
Plan A is always more effective when the problem you are working on understands that Plan B will involve the use of dynamite :twisted:
The following user(s) said Thank You: WILLIAMARNOLD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Carnaby.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.426 seconds