Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Photobucket image links are no longer allowed, as a matter of forum policy.
Your Mods have been doing a massive job in sorting out the photobucket issue, please assist them by posting directly to the thread and not through a 3rd party host.
Read More...

TOPIC: Aircraft salvage and transportation

Aircraft salvage and transportation 13 Feb 2014 20:21 #51

• Trucker54
  • Thank you received: 1
That reminds me of being at Sculthorpe when the Canberras from Marham were there Marham having its runway done, a Canberra came in on a state 2 all the USAF fire trucks trundled off amid lots of smoke and noise, Before they were halfway there our crash vehicle (Range Rover) was sitting on the end of the runway, Canberra goes by Range Rover takes off and passes said Canberra on runway, meanwhile USAF fire service still on there way. I think by the time they got there the aircraft had taxied back to its stand. Funny how you remember things. Now where do i live? hehe:-D

The Bedford Hawsons that we had i think had the Bedford RL gearbox in them. Very solid.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Aircraft salvage and transportation 16 Feb 2014 18:45 #52

• sicknick
  • Thank you received: 0

Aircraft salvage and transportation 10 Apr 2014 22:53 #53

• Paul Drake
  • Thank you received: 0
Tim,
It's officially called a tracked aircraft recovery dolly, often referred to as a tracjac.
They were occasionally used by 71 MU at Bicester.

Paul.

Attached files [IMG]/community/144023=16211-G-AGVC, IOM, 30 June 62 (1).jpg [IMG]/community/144023=16210-Recovery dollies 1.jpg [IMG]/community/144023=16209-Recovery dolly tracjac.jpg

Time to create page: 0.400 seconds