Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Photobucket image links are no longer allowed, as a matter of forum policy.
Your Mods have been doing a massive job in sorting out the photobucket issue, please assist them by posting directly to the thread and not through a 3rd party host.
Read More...

TOPIC: Airfield Vehicles

Airfield Vehicles 03 Feb 2012 14:58 #231

• mitrovitchp
  • Thank you received: 0
Pinzgauer Trauma Management Vehicle at RAF Odiham last year:

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Airfield Vehicles 03 Feb 2012 23:08 #232

• Hawkkeeper

smiler16;78959 wrote: Do the raf still buy there own machines/vehicals and register them in mod plates or the lease them form lex as they seam todo with cars buses minibus`s and land rovers

cheers rich

most of the white fleet non-airfield side] are leased, the fire,ambulances, refuellers,sweepers,aircraft tugs are MOD owned & have military number plates.

Airfield Vehicles 04 Feb 2012 01:24 #233

• andymacg
Seeing the Bison;s with the ergomatic cab on has made my day. I can remember back in the 90's servicing a few of them that had come back from being recabbed with the newer Leyland cab, a couple of the younger VM's couldnt drive them as they hadnt drove anything with a non synchro gearbox in and all you could hear was the grinding of gears , till they were shown the black art of double declutching lol, same as the Seddon Atkinson or as we knew them as Sudden Accidents :p with the Eaton twin splitter gear box in.Its the only box I know where u dont use the clutch when moving.only when pulling away and coming to a stop get it right and its a fantastic box, get wrong and its box full of neutrals

Airfield Vehicles 26 Jul 2013 17:26 #234

• Smoggieboy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 92

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

This was at Shawbury's families day, although not RAF but its the same type we had at Cottesmore in 1986-1989 for our Rover !

Time to create page: 0.357 seconds