• Page:

TOPIC: Panama ..planned visit.

Panama ..planned visit. 13 Sep 2019 08:56 #1

• daveg4otu
  • daveg4otu's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 73
I am planning to visit Panama in January....looking for any info regarding airfields in the Panama City area ....also a working kmz. file would be good.(the one on Wikipedia does not work)
This will not be a"aviation holiday" but with my partner who is reasonably tolerant.

I am aware of Albrook , Fuerte Kobbe and Tocumen(Int'l ).
Albrook looks to be a fairly busy place ...does anyone know what access is like?
Are there any preserved aircraft or aviation locations within the Panama city area?

Colon airport - what ,if any , is access like ?

In fact any info regarding the aviation activity in the country would be good...Bear in mind travel will be limited to public transport.
See my Hampshire,Dorset,Devon,IOW Airfields sites..
www.hampshireairfields.co.uk/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Panama ..planned visit. 18 Sep 2019 20:31 #2

• rtm
  • Thank you received: 14
Hi Dave,
I was at Panama City last year with work and Albrook is fairly easy to get to via public transport as a large shopping mall has been built across the road from it so quite a lot of use.
You can tell it used to be an American base by the colours of the buildings, all a sand shade. It is beside Fort Clayton and is on the road to the Panama Canal which is also worth a trip. If your better half is interested in that you can combine the trip to the canal, then stop off at Albrook on the way back.
There is also Howard Air force base as was, now Panama Pacifico, but as this is on the other side of the canal the road distance is probably to far to go via Public transport, but check it out and see what you think.
Unfortunately due to work I didn't have much time to see much else aviation wise in the country so I hope you have better luck.

Cheers,
Trevor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.468 seconds