17 Sep 2017
New ARG Chairman
Read More...

TOPIC: Hutton in the Forest SLG

Hutton in the Forest SLG 24 Sep 2017 21:33 #11

• David Thompson
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 149
The Hutton gun butts are mentioned on the following thread of the 30 August 2017 ;
www.airfieldresearchgroup.org.uk/forum/a...?limitstart=0#145516 and I have copied my reply here ;
The SLG at Hutton is easily seen on GE almost due south of Hutton Hall and I do recall seeing buildings in the woods when I visited the site on the 19 April
2007 . Access to the farm is via a track off the B5305 but there is also another less used track which I think I walked along and into the woods to find these buildings ? Also visible on GE is a concrete hardstanding which appears to be linked to this second track ?
Near the shooting butts I also noted gaps built into the stone wall bordering the field which I seem to recall being told it was so that aircraft could be pulled under cover if the SLG was ever attacked ? I really should find the photos I took that day !

Photos now found and attached below ;

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: PETERTHEEATER, Ossington_2008

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Youth is wasted on the young !
Time to create page: 0.418 seconds