Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Photobucket image links are no longer allowed, as a matter of forum policy.
Your Mods have been doing a massive job in sorting out the photobucket issue, please assist them by posting directly to the thread and not through a 3rd party host.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ligescourt

Ligescourt 03 Jun 2018 15:14 #1

• Bloodhound1949
  • Bloodhound1949's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 54
I am just reading a great book again after 40 or so years,it is titled,"Darkness shall cover me"...It was written by Humphrey Wynn,a second world war pilot and details the exploits of a friend who had been a Pilot in WW1 on 207 Squadron at Ligescourt in France...A terrific tale....Mr. Wynn also wrote the official history of British Nuclear weapons.I believe Ligescourt was used by the RAF in 1940 followed by German use(JG26 ?) -The woods nearby were used as a V1 launch area,quite an interesting place,especially as it is now viewable on Google Earth street view....I can highly recommend the book,great writing and insight.The National Archive holds film footage (88 Squadron) of the V1 site being attacked, but it is not yet available online.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.357 seconds