Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Photobucket image links are no longer allowed, as a matter of forum policy.
Your Mods have been doing a massive job in sorting out the photobucket issue, please assist them by posting directly to the thread and not through a 3rd party host.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC: COUNTY FERMANAGH - US Memorials Project

COUNTY FERMANAGH - US Memorials Project 09 Jun 2014 10:56 #1

• ww2ni
  • ww2ni's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 20
I was at the D-Day Commemoration at Crom Castle in County Fermanagh which is owned by The Earl and Countess of Erne.

Those present included The U.S. Consul General Gregory S. Burton, Her Majesties Lord Lieutenant for County Fermanagh Viscount Brookeborough and Vicountess Brookeborough along with D-Day Veterans and WW2 Veterans. The attached pictures show plaques which are to be put beside trees which will be planted at ALL the Locations shown on the map which were used by U.S. and other Allied Servicemen.

This is a major project which I think is an excellent idea. A number of Airfields are included

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

http://www.ww2ni.webs.com - History in your grasp!
Last Edit: by Tony H.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.352 seconds