New ARG Chairman
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC: Fordhall Farm (Salop) GPSS Pump Station

Fordhall Farm (Salop) GPSS Pump Station 20 Oct 2017 15:45 #1

• Carnaby
  • Carnaby's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 142
Fordhall Farm (Shown as Ford Hall on earlier maps), was a GPSS Pumping station built in 1942. It is on the N/S (N) pipeline and was used until 1973. (Source Tim Whittle)

LOCATION As expected there is a marker pole at SJ64823314 on the A53 roadside.

It is adjacent to Buntingsdale Hall, wartime HQ of RAF No.22 Training Group
The following user(s) said Thank You: PETERTHEEATER

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Plan A is always more effective when the problem you are working on understands that Plan B will involve the use of dynamite :twisted:.
Last Edit: by Carnaby.

Fordhall Farm (Salop) GPSS Pump Station 21 Oct 2017 14:28 #2

• TimWhittle
  • Thank you received: 53
Unfortunately the only additional information I can add on Fordhall is that when the pump-station was closed the pump was removed and reinstalled on the Thames Haven B pump-station where it is still, as far as I am aware, operational. Unfortunately the 1960s Ministry of Power document that gives excellent details on all its storage depots failed to give similar information concerning its pump-stations and the later operating documentation that does give details of the pump-stations were written after Fordhall and others were disposed of.

Tim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Retired former chartered engineer with OPA, British Gas and Foxboro Yoxall. Author of 'Fuelling the Wars - PLUTO and the Secret Pipeline Network 1936 to 2015', of various papers.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.414 seconds