Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Mustard Gas found north of Woodhall Spa

Mustard Gas found north of Woodhall Spa 13 Sep 2019 21:17 #71

• netcompsys
  • netcompsys's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 872
As I understand it they have all pleaded guilty to the various charges relating to the Mustard Gas and its disposal

One man is charged with possessing an automatic weapon capable of being used, ie a Bren Gun, and 10 rounds of ammunition, and has pleaded not guilty
This charge will be heard next March and sentencing on all charges are being deferred until after that court case
kevin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mustard Gas found north of Woodhall Spa 13 Sep 2019 21:28 #72

• Peter Kirk
  • Thank you received: 613
It always amazes me how long they take to pass sentence. Surely it is a simple matter running your finger down the list crimes then along the severity columns and bingo!

Still it's not as if it costs anything!
01010000 01100101 01110100 01100101 01110010 00100000 01001011 01101001 01110010 01101011

Mustard Gas found north of Woodhall Spa 14 Sep 2019 10:25 #73

• canberra
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 101
Normal procedure in court cases is to sentence everyone at the same time unless there is a reason not to. And sentencing isnt easy, I speak as someone who worked in a court.

And as for costs, well a Crown Court trial costs a minimum of £8000 per day. Thats why the Magistrates are directed to keep cases in their courts if they can and just send to the Crown Court for sentencing. But as the most a lay Magistrate can give an adult is 1 year then a lot of trials get sent to Crown Court. If your interested the District Judges (what used to be called Stipendary Magistrates) can give a maximum of 2 years.

Mustard Gas found north of Woodhall Spa 14 Sep 2019 12:33 #74

• IanDDavidson
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 116

netcompsys wrote: As I understand it they have all pleaded guilty to the various charges relating to the Mustard Gas and its disposal

One man is charged with possessing an automatic weapon capable of being used, ie a Bren Gun, and 10 rounds of ammunition, and has pleaded not guilty
This charge will be heard next March and sentencing on all charges are being deferred until after that court case

I am sorry I missed the detail on this case. I always thought the mustard gas was found buried and assumed it was buried by some military unit some time ago. How do this couple get to be prosecuted for "various charges relating to the Mustard Gas and its disposal".

Did they find it and take it away?
Did they find it somewhere else and bury it at woodhall spa?
Do they own the land and are guilty by default?

Time to create page: 0.432 seconds