Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
THERE HAS BEEN A CHANGE TO THE FORUM, INTRODUCING A NEW "FORUM MEMBER" SUBSCRIPTION MEMBERSHIP CATEGORY FOR NON-ARG MEMBERS.This membership is available through our membership page www.airfieldresearchgroup.org.uk/members/membership-rates for a annual fee of 10 pounds. For less than three pence per day you will be able to help ensure the continued existence of the forum.
More information on these changes is detailed within the ARG Community thread www.airfieldresearchgroup.org.uk/forum/i...ing-changes-to-forum . Please contact us at www.airfieldresearchgroup.org.uk/contact-us if you have any questions in regards to the changes.
We hope you will understand the need to make this change to ensure the continued success of the forum and support the charity's decision.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC: WW2 regiments in Chippenham

WW2 regiments in Chippenham 13 Jul 2018 18:30 #1

• Emma2
  • Emma2's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi

I'm a new member and wondered if anyone can help or point me in the right direction. I am trying to establish which regiments were stationed in Chippenham in 1943. I know there were Amercian servicemen but does anyone know where I can find which British regiment(s) may have been there?

Thanks for reading.

Emma

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

WW2 regiments in Chippenham 13 Jul 2018 21:15 #2

• Paul Francis
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 398
1. Home Guard: Salisbury Plain District, Wiltshire Zone, Western Sector
1st Wiltshire (Chippenham) 2nd Wiltshire (Malmesbury) 4th Wiltshire (Trowbridge) 12th Wiltshire
(Corsham)

2. Command Supply Depot, Chippenham

3. 8th Armoured Division (Lackham House, Lacock)

4. US Army

10th Armoured Infantry Battalion,
94th Signal Company, 94th Ordnance Company,
94th QM Company (all 94th Infantry Division)

Thats all I have.
You can tell a builder from an archaeologist by the size of his trowel. Mine is a small one!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Emma2

Last edit: by Paul Francis.

WW2 regiments in Chippenham 14 Jul 2018 06:26 #3

• Emma2
  • Emma2's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Great thanks for the quick reply.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.480 seconds