Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: I may just be old age but....

I may just be old age but.... 30 Aug 2018 12:37 #11

• Bloodhound1949
  • Thank you received: 73
The Hudle 2 has been a good piece of kit.I replaced the battery in mine about a year ago(not too difficult) and I have recently changed the charger board-I ordered a new one yesterday and it arrived this morning,unfortunately the Hudle is still dead...I will have to decide to purchase a new battery or look for an alternative tablet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I may just be old age but.... 30 Aug 2018 14:19 #12

• Carnaby
  • Thank you received: 343

Bloodhound1949 wrote: The Hudle 2 has been a good piece of kit.I replaced the battery in mine about a year ago(not too difficult) and I have recently changed the charger board-I ordered a new one yesterday and it arrived this morning,unfortunately the Hudle is still dead...I will have to decide to purchase a new battery or look for an alternative tablet.

Mine was in superb condition + excellent battery life, when it refused to wake up one evening, about an hour after I'd last used it. Wouldn't charge either. CEX offer a £48 fixed-price repair service which I used but they emailed me a couple of days ago stating 'cannot be repaired', and consequently please collect and there will be no charge.

The thought of putting all those useful apps on whatever I replace it with horrifies me.
Plan A is always more effective when the problem you are working on understands that Plan B will involve the use of dynamite :twisted:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bloodhound1949

I may just be old age but.... 30 Aug 2018 15:46 #13

• kebecker
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 221

Bloodhound1949 wrote: Victory V originally contained ether , lots of old dears falling asleep in Church after sucking them so they altered the ingredients...As virtually no one goes to church these days perhaps its time to bring back the original ingredients...

Ether r fumes! I now have the my best friend has exploded sketch from Python flashing around my head
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bloodhound1949

Last edit: by kebecker.

I may just be old age but.... 31 Aug 2018 10:11 #14

• canberra
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 93
Ive only ever seen Worcestershire sauce made by Lea and Perrins, but I do know production had been moved to Brum. Talking of Worcestershire I stayed in a hotel in Malvern about 10 years ago. There were bottles of Malvern water in the room, there are taps on the hills where you can help yourself!!!

I may just be old age but.... 20 Mar 2019 15:20 #15

• Peter Kirk
  • Peter Kirk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 563
Just opened our 25 year old Swarfega and it smells just as sweet. Shame you can't buy scented candles with that smell, ideal for garages and sheds :)

I also remember the smell of hurricane lamps, was that some sort of lamp oil as the smell of paraffin (from the old heaters) was quite different?
01010000 01100101 01110100 01100101 01110010 00100000 01001011 01101001 01110010 01101011

I may just be old age but.... 20 Mar 2019 16:45 #16

• Carnaby
  • Thank you received: 343

Peter Kirk wrote: Just opened our 25 year old Swarfega and it smells just as sweet.

But has it turned into a liquid rather than a gel. I replaced mine with an 'improved' version a couple of years ago. but later discovered the improvement was the addition of millions of tiny plastic beads which is now justifiably frowned on.

Still the same 'interesting' smell though.
Plan A is always more effective when the problem you are working on understands that Plan B will involve the use of dynamite :twisted:

Last edit: by Carnaby.

I may just be old age but.... 20 Mar 2019 19:22 #17

• Peter Kirk

Carnaby wrote: But has it turned into a liquid rather than a gel?

Not quite liquid but less gel like.

Didn't the plastic beads replace pumice to help save the environment? Mind you all forests trees lost to plant pumice trees which then had to be felled to make way for plastic bead trees. Maybe they should use poppy seed instead?
01010000 01100101 01110100 01100101 01110010 00100000 01001011 01101001 01110010 01101011

I may just be old age but.... 22 Mar 2019 13:36 #18

• Alex Brown
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 17

Peter Kirk wrote:

Carnaby wrote: But has it turned into a liquid rather than a gel?

Not quite liquid but less gel like.

Didn't the plastic beads replace pumice to help save the environment? Mind you all forests trees lost to plant pumice trees which then had to be felled to make way for plastic bead trees. Maybe they should use poppy seed instead?

The best hand cleaners contain some sort of fine sand.

I tend to use fairy liquid and salt, when nothing else is available...
Yes, I'm back(ish).

I may just be old age but.... 22 Mar 2019 14:58 #19

• Peter Kirk
Wet wipes are brilliant for many substances but useless against Plumbers Mait which seems to defy most cleaning fluids! Otherwise washing liquid for hands that do dishes and a worn green scourer, the type with the sponge.

To head off many problems, especially cement, which seems to really affect my fingers, we use those cheap blue plastic gloves which are also great for handling raw chicken and chopping chillies and onions whose smell seems to have a half life similar to TCP!

I did gargle TCP neat once when I had tonsillitis so bad it was preventing me sleeping. It took the pain away almost instantly, well, once I stopped the initial screaming, and managed many hours sleep but I lost any sense of taste for a few days. Luckily the antibiotics kicked in soon after.

I may just be old age but.... 23 Mar 2019 09:35 #20

• canberra
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 93
Washing up liquid is brilliant at cleaning spectacles.

Time to create page: 0.435 seconds