Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Plans for luxury lodges rejected by council

Plans for luxury lodges rejected by council 28 Aug 2019 19:44 #1

• mbriscoe
  • mbriscoe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 665
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex Brown

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Plans for luxury lodges rejected by council 29 Aug 2019 07:10 #2

• Granite
  • Thank you received: 7
RAF BARKSTON HEATH model flying link on that page was far more interesting, some spectacular models

Plans for luxury lodges rejected by council 15 Sep 2019 19:17 #3

• Alex Brown
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 18
Can’t imagine many things less luxurious than a Stanton type shelter...
Yes, I'm back(ish).

Plans for luxury lodges rejected by council 15 Sep 2019 21:38 #4

• netcompsys
  • Thank you received: 872

mbriscoe wrote: Fancy a holiday in a Stanton shelter?

Plans for luxury lodges rejected by council

Those links to on line "live" news stories soon fade away.....

www.gainsboroughstandard.co.uk/news/poli...s-rejected-1-9963629

Luxury holiday lodges plan for Second World War air raid shelters rejected

A bid to create 20 new luxury lodges in Laughton, including the conversion of Second World War air raid shelters, has been rejected by West Lindsey District Council.

Mark Simmonds Planning submitted the plan to the district authority for land off Blyton Road in the village.

Under the proposals, one Stanton air shelter would be fully restored while a further three would be converted for holiday accommodation.

Twenty lodges would be created on the site in Laughton Woods, including two for a caretaker and family.

Developers said the new holiday site would help to bring tourism into the area and benefit the economy.

In its plans, it said: “The proposed scheme represents an opportunity to deliver a high quality and sensitively designed development, which will contribute towards the rural and visitor economy, as well as make efficient use of what is redundant and quite vulnerable land.”

But, district council officials said the proposals were in an “isolated and unsustainable” location and did not “relate to an existing visitor accommodation site”.

In a decision notice, the authority added that the plan would not preserve the heritage value of the site.

kevin

Plans for luxury lodges rejected by council 16 Sep 2019 08:40 #5

• Peter Kirk
  • Thank you received: 613
Maybe I have become cynical in my old age - nah, I was cynical before - but I notice that most proposals are riddled with stock phrases like "to deliver a high quality". I came across the same sort of phrases when I was working, although the one that really had me retching was "exciting new proposal".

The upshot is that all that rhetoric sounds unconvincing to me so I always look to other means to assess a proposal, a plan or drawing - as long as it is not an artists impression!
01010000 01100101 01110100 01100101 01110010 00100000 01001011 01101001 01110010 01101011

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.445 seconds