Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Political Warfare Executive

Political Warfare Executive 05 Sep 2019 13:28 #1

• Richard Austen
  • Richard Austen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 31
The sites relative to this organisation are reasonably well-documented. However, I am reading a history of the PWE and there is mention of a facility I don't have a record of, at Brondesbury in NW London.

Does anyone know exactly where in Brondesbury?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Political Warfare Executive 05 Sep 2019 22:47 #2

• Carnaby
  • Thank you received: 384
Surprisingly difficult to find any concrete ! information. My guess would be one of the schools in the area - there was a grammar school and a high school, but don't seem to be in Brondesbury but very close. The North-West Suburban plan c.1940 intended to send many government departments to empty schools in this area if Whitehall became untenable. I've had a quick browse at local schools but finished up going round in circles.
Plan A is always more effective when the problem you are working on understands that Plan B will involve the use of dynamite :twisted:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Richard Austen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.446 seconds