• netcompsys
  • netcompsys's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 872
I was amused by this recent story about crop circles in the UK in the 80s

www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-hampshi...bout-father-s-legacy

"My Dad invented Crop Circles"
kevin
The following user(s) said Thank You: airfields man

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Crop Circles 08 Sep 2019 02:41 #2

• TerryClark
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 99
I was interested in them at one time through my UFO investigation group, the Surrey Investigation Group on Aerial Phenomena (SIGAP).
As member, I was invited to take part in a 'circle watch' at Cheesefoot Head, near Winchester, organised by Professor Archie Roy of Strathclyde University.
There were two of us on duty the night I was allocated. We saw nothing in the way of crop circles being formed so I went to get a bit of kip in my car at about 3 am (it was early July).
I might have fallen asleep but I was woken by the other guy who shouted 'come and look at this' at about 4am.
In the sky due north of us was an orange 'ball' of light, well above the horizon and not moving. We started walking back to the caravan where all the observation equipment was and suddenly the orange ball was gone.
We had video cameras running so it was recorded and I carefully timed the appearance and direction of the sun at sunrise which occured over an hour later in a different position in the sky.
What we saw I don't know; I initially assumed it was the sun but it wasn't; when the sun evetually rose it was yellow not orange.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.394 seconds