Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Photobucket image links are no longer allowed, as a matter of forum policy.
Your Mods have been doing a massive job in sorting out the photobucket issue, please assist them by posting directly to the thread and not through a 3rd party host.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC: Criggon BT station

Criggon BT station 10 Nov 2014 20:49 #1

• ianbache
  • ianbache's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 83
For many years I have gone this place en route to Wales and seen the aerials but never knew what the place was until a couple of years ago, This from the Shropshire Star

http://www.shropshirestar.com/news/2014/11/08/wartime-radio-site-is-sold-in-mystery-deal/

Regards Ian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Llanbedr History not to be forgotten!!!!!!!

Criggon BT station 11 Nov 2014 00:08 #2

• Alex Brown
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1
I'm sure this link was working yesterday but it's become shortened and as a result is broken today?

Yes, I'm back(ish).

Criggon BT station 11 Nov 2014 09:34 #3

• Carnaby
  • Thank you received: 243
Interesting - I've fixed it. Think we've had this before with some sites. Need to monitor and see if it stays.

Plan A is always more effective when the problem you are working on understands that Plan B will involve the use of dynamite :twisted:.

Criggon BT station 13 May 2018 22:05 #4

• mbriscoe
  • Thank you received: 443
Sorry did not realise it had been already moved so moved again but deleted the extra copy now.

My understand of Criggion, from when we visited, was that there were shortages of materials when it was built so they could not build steel towers and used timber instead. But timber was also rationed so they built three timber towers and used the hill instead of a fourth tower.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.365 seconds