• Page:

TOPIC: BAPC - Register of Anonymous Airframes

BAPC - Register of Anonymous Airframes 27 Jun 2016 19:46 #1

• netcompsys
  • netcompsys's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 445
The register was an attempt to identify and track preserved airframe which did not necessarily have associated genuine military or civil registrations including replicas and full scale models .

It fell into a slumber a while ago but there are now attempts to resurrect it, the quoted message below was posted in February.

In the meantime it may be useful to identify airframes like Gate Guardians. I have been unable to locate an official on-line source but this page from the Coningsby Aviation site goes up to BAPC 306

milky01.co.uk/?page_id=20503

The BAPC Register is being revived - as this message from Lloyd Robinson explains - and he needs your help

BAPC REGISTER RE-EMERGENCE

Of late the British Aviation Preservation Council Register [BAPC] of Anonymous Airframes has been virtually dormant, with few allocations over the past few years. However, this is about to change with major efforts taking place to bring the Register up to date. The Register reached BAPC.309, the Fairey Gannet Cockpit Procedures Trainer of The Aeroplane Collection some time ago.

CENSUS

Simultaneous with the addition of new aircraft to the Register, BAPC wishes to conduct a census of the aircraft on the Register to understand and document where each and every registered aircraft is currently located. I'd welcome your support in recording any of the aircraft on the Register, with details of the date and location of your sightings.

NEW ADDITIONS TO THE REGISTER

The criteria for the inclusion in the Register of Anonymous aircraft are that an aircraft has not been allocated a Civil Registration, or a Military Serial, or that none is known at the time of allocation, and that the aircraft is located in the United Kingdom. The Register is to be expanded to encompass British-built or designed airframes of the above criteria in overseas locations.

I'd appreciate any information on any aircraft that meet the above criteria but are not currently registered. Whilst I have created a list of some of those that are located in the United Kingdom, I haven't yet made any attempts to correlate details of those overseas.

PHOTO ARCHIVE

In the past BAPC has not created a photo archive depicting aircraft on its Register, but this is now being remedied. May I appeal for digital images of any of the aircraft on the Register, at whatever location and time period - the older the better! I'd like to be able to hold images of each aircraft over its lifetime. The pictures may also be used to populate our website, and for other publicity purposes. I shall note the copyright of each picture within its filename.

If you have any images you are happy to make available to BAPC I'd be happy to receive them in as high a resolution as possible. If they are very large or there are a number of them then I'd appreciate an e-mail beforehand to schedule their arrival by e-mail so as not to overwhelm my Inbox! Otherwise I use the Dropbox system, or I'd be happy to receive them on CD/DVD or USB Drive, which would be returned.

cid:image002.png@01D170E9.DFECBD20

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Kevin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

kevin
Last Edit: by netcompsys.

BAPC - Register of Anonymous Airframes 27 Jun 2016 21:46 #2

• David Thompson
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 180
The BAPC Register is now at No 402 , a Hurricane composite 'L1639' owned by the Cambridge Bomber and Fighter Society . I don't know the location but possibly at Duxford ? Other recent additions have included a BAe 125 forward fuselage , a Short Stirling composite (!) and an He111 Recreation at LAHS , East Kirkby which I saw last month and which from memory is in The Home Front-Blitz exhibition building , photos below ;

The database does appear on line via the BAPC website but it is still to be refined . Another job for Lloyd ! ; www.bapc.org.uk/html/search_nahr.html

Apologies if you are viewing the above whilst stood or tilting your head through 90 degrees . Can someone , Dietmar-Richard , please post a sticky on how to correct this ?

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Youth is wasted on the young !
Last Edit: by David Thompson. Reason: Request for help in posting-in photos !

BAPC - Register of Anonymous Airframes 28 Jun 2016 00:06 #3

• netcompsys
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
To be clear the register David links to above is the BAPC's National Aviation Heritage Register which includes airframes on the BAPC register but also includes many others.

There are some 2021 entries in fact rather than 402 as its remit is somewhat wider, including all the BBMF aircraft for instance.

Locating a BAPC airframe by number seems impossible and there certainly are some anomalies, trying to find the 3 Gloster E28/39 on the register was the first example I tried, in the end I had to search for Gloster and page through. Wasn't able to find the Stirling at all

Kevin

kevin

BAPC - Register of Anonymous Airframes 28 Jun 2016 08:16 #4

• David Thompson
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 180
The only recent complete BAPC Register I have seen is in the book Air Britain Civil Aircraft Registers of The British Isles 2016 , £28-95 to non-members ,which goes up to BAPC 309 . The latest edition of the Air Britain News , June 2016 , includes new additions taking the list up to BAPC 402 . The book also contains a list of Full Scale Models many of which do not appear on the BAPC Register including a Gloster E28/39 at Staverton ! The register also used to appear in 'Wrecks & Relics' but no longer does so .
I hope to see Lloyd this weekend and will ask him about an 'on-line' version but I suspect that its on the BAPC's to-do list ?

Youth is wasted on the young !

BAPC - Register of Anonymous Airframes 20 Mar 2017 13:22 #5

• netcompsys
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
This is the latest version of the BAPC register supplied by Lloyd Robinson via David Thompson

This update is a significant task for Lloyd and he would welcome any additional information or corrections to this listing as well as photographs of any of the aircraft

You can contact him directly by email Lloyd.robinsonATaviation-data-research.com , replacing the AT in the email with the standard curly a

Don't be afraid to tell him you saw this post on the forum !

kevin

edit - I have updated the attachment, the previous one was in portrait mode and so the columns to the right had become "detached" from the columns to the left

This version is in landscape mode so while the text is initially smaller the 19 field/columns associated with each record are at least linked

This message has an attachment file.

kevin

BAPC - Register of Anonymous Airframes 20 Mar 2017 13:34 #6

• netcompsys
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
The pdf file above is sourced from an excel spreadsheet, which is not a permissible attachment on the forum, however if you feel that this would be useful you I am permitted to pass it on, but you must remember this is very much a work in progress

kevin

kevin

BAPC - Register of Anonymous Airframes 29 Mar 2017 15:21 #7

• netcompsys
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
The attached pdf file is a listing of candidates for inclusion in the BAPC Register of Ananymous Airframes supplied by Lloyd Robinson via David Thompson

This is the message from Lloyd

I am after your help, as always! Attached is a spreadsheet, listing what I have on the Candidates list for the BAPC Register. I'll start to add the Overseas British-built, or designed, aircraft in the near future but before I open that particular can of worms I’d really like to get those in the UK onto the Register.. To do so I need to understand more about each individual airframe to ensure that I do not duplicate existing airframes.

Would you be so kind as to peruse the list and let me have ANY information you may have on those listed in order that I can build a history of each candidate, and then, where appropriate, add them to the Register. I think I know about most of the candidates in the UK but, as ever, I’d appreciate any knowledge you have of those that are not included.

For the Overseas candidates I haven’t really put any effort in to collating the data other than downloading from my own database of British-built or designed those I thought met the criteria for inclusion. Therefore the list is not at all comprehensive and I’d really appreciate your help in making it so. In a similar vein to the UK I’d appreciate whatever can be made available in terms of histories / dates of sightings, or any relevant data.

Thanks to many of you, who are recipients of this e-mail, I am building a good Digital Archive, which will help populate the Picture Library elements of the new BAPC Website as it is gradually phased into operation during 2017. If you have any pictures of Candidates, either those in the UK or Overseas I’d be most pleased to have copies. I haven’t devoted enough time to cataloguing all of the pictures I have received, but rest assured that I will do so over the coming months. However, from looking at what I have I know that we are lacking pictures from the 1970’s and 1980’s of those airframes that were registered in those era’s. If you have digitised your slide collections and have images from those times I’d love to have copies for the Digital Archive.

Thank you in anticipation!

This list of airframes out there makes for interesting reading, who even knew there was a Vickers Vildebeest in New Zealand.....

If you would find the speadsheet version useful please contact me
For Lloyds contact information see earlier post

This message has an attachment file.

kevin
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds