Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Photobucket image links are no longer allowed, as a matter of forum policy.
Your Mods have been doing a massive job in sorting out the photobucket issue, please assist them by posting directly to the thread and not through a 3rd party host.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC: LANGAR AIRFIELD - ATC Tower

LANGAR AIRFIELD - ATC Tower 02 Jun 2018 06:00 #1

• Tony H
  • Tony H's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 228
In the Sky Diving Centre café, located on the ground floor of the control tower is a display detailing the airfields history and a memorial plaque to Sgt T.H. Skelton who was killed flying on Ops from this site on 13/05/43

He was BA on 207 Sqn Lancaster W4938 EM-A that had departed Langar at 0015 for Ops Duisburg.

The Cause of the loss is unknown.

The aircraft crashed between Oberhausen and Sterkrade, Germany. All seven crew were killed, four of which have no known grave and are therefore commemorated at the Runnymede Memorial, Surrey.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: REF, stevfire2, stevie, WILLIAMARNOLD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by Tony H.

LANGAR AIRFIELD - ATC Tower 02 Jun 2018 09:00 #2

• stevie
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 532
Nice find Tony.
Despite visiting the airfield on many occasions in the past I've never actually been inside the tower. Will certainly be popping inside to see these next time I'm up that way.

Thanks for posting them up :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tony H

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.307 seconds