Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Photobucket image links are no longer allowed, as a matter of forum policy.
Your Mods have been doing a massive job in sorting out the photobucket issue, please assist them by posting directly to the thread and not through a 3rd party host.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC: 100 Group

100 Group 20 Jul 2012 08:12 #1

• SteveBond
  • SteveBond's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Having visited these two 100 Group locations last week, I was wondering if there are any plans or aerial views showing where the temporary wartime buildings were. I know several survive at Bylaugh Hall, but nothing seems to at Blickling - does anyone know whereabouts in the grounds they were please?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

100 Group 15 Aug 2012 23:21 #2

• REF
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 371
There is a small museum on 100 Group at Blickling, it might be worth contacting them.

100 Group 21 May 2014 21:56 #3

• FairLady
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi

I haven't posted here in a while, but I'm wondering Steve if you were at the RAF 100 Group Association Reunion and I didn't see you there, as you mention you were at Bylaugh and Blickling Halls the other week when the Reunion was on?

As worldwide Secretary of the Group I'm always keen to know of interest from others about 100 Group airfields, and it might be of interest to know as an author currently on my 21 publication, bringing together the voices of those who served under 100 Group during WWII, due out for Remembrance Day this year and dedicated to all who served under this very secret Group, RAF and USAAF ... I cover all airfields and places such as Bylaugh and Blickling in the book. Last year, I also completed a series of 12 books, each covering an in-depth history and background of each airfield under RAF 100 Group, and those Squadrons which served there ... including Bylaugh and Blickling. Books are £5 + pp direct from me, and also include voices of those who were there at the time.

There is also a guy who used to live at Bylaugh as a boy, whose father worked on the land, and who has dedicated a website to Bylaugh with loads of pictures and accounts, some of which have been provided by me, of people who served there.

I remain passionate about preserving the history of this secret Group, many of whom consider themselves 'Forgotten Heroes', because they received no recognition for their dangerous work. And it is humbling when I receive accounts from people writing their experiences for the first time ever, because they see this book: RAF 100 Group - Kindred Spirits, bringing together the voices of RAF and USAAF who served on these secret Norfolk airfields during WWII ... as a place to put these memories where they will reach the wider world.

Thanks for listening.

I'll visit again.

FairLady

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.404 seconds