Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Photobucket image links are no longer allowed, as a matter of forum policy.
Your Mods have been doing a massive job in sorting out the photobucket issue, please assist them by posting directly to the thread and not through a 3rd party host.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC: 467 (Aus) Sqn Pilgrimage

467 (Aus) Sqn Pilgrimage 27 Mar 2009 19:42 #11

• REF
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 331
Hi kookabat

Swinderby can be hit and miss from what I gather, I think if you turn up on a weekday you should be ok. As for the others I really don't know. Try sending a PM to 'Stevie' or 'Jerry' as they may be able to help with the others. I know forum member 'TOB' is writing a book on Syerston so he may be able to offer some help if you PM him as well. From what I know of Syerston, Newton and Bottesford is they are all sites you need to arrange access to, as for who to contact I am not sure - hopefully one of the members I suggest above will be able to help

Richard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

467 (Aus) Sqn Pilgrimage 27 Mar 2009 20:01 #12

• TommyUSA
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0

kookabat wrote: Syerston
Newton
Swinderby
Bottesford

I believe the folks who run the site at Bottesford are the Roseland Group:
http://www.roseland-uk.com/

TommyUSA

Follow my World War II daily tweets at http://twitter.com/Sept1939

467 (Aus) Sqn Pilgrimage 27 Mar 2009 20:26 #13

• WJT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 32
Kookabat: Sorry, but Notts is a bit off my beaten track. I agree with the suggestions of Richard concerning the AiX members to contact who may have local knowledge of access arrangements.

Remember that Syerston remains an active RAF unit (albeit the Air Cadet Central Gliding School or whatever), and it comes under the control of the Headquarters Air Cadets, located not too far away at the RAF College Cranwell. Given the nature of your quest, and your family linkage to Syerston, I recommend that you contact the HQ Air Cadets at Cranwell, explain your mission (and the distance you have travelled) and I think that you might find they will be very helpful. I know that the RAF of today does as much as it can to help its veterans and their families and I am sure that will do what they can.

I'm not sure of the specific contact details, but try Google for HQ Air Cadets or RAF Cranwell on the official RAF website. Best wishes for your visit.

467 (Aus) Sqn Pilgrimage 27 Mar 2009 20:36 #14

• philbasildon
  • Thank you received: 0
I see on another thread on this forum Metheringham has an open day on May 3rd.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.622 seconds