Terms & Conditions for Visits
Before purchasing a place on one of our visits, please take note of the following:
General Booking Conditions
- Any person under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who will also require a place on the visit
- Some visit venues may not accept those aged under 18 years, or non-British nationals, so please check with the Visits Manager before booking.
- Where visit locations require security information (e.g. personal ID or vehicle details), this should be provided to the Visits Manager when requested. Any attendee not providing such information when asked may have to forego their place.
- We reserve the right to organise some visits by ballot. Successful applicants must confirm their acceptance by the date stated, otherwise the place will be offered to the next in line.
- Where possible, visits will be advertised in Airfield Review, on the Forum and via email well in advance of the visit date.
- Full details will be sent to those booked on visits nearer the actual date.
- Please note that visits to active military bases may be cancelled at short notice and that this is outside the control of ARGL.
Payment and Refunds
- Places for most visits will be sold via the ARG website shop. Any person not able to use this online facility is welcome to contact the Visits Manager to discuss alternatives for booking and paying for visit places.
- Refunds are only available through cancellation of the visit by ARGL, or by the venue. Where possible an alternative will be offered.
- Once paid for, visit tickets should be considered non-refundable. No refunds will be made should an attendee not take part in a visit.
Health & Safety
- All visit attendees must sign the ARG Health & Safety/Indemnity Form before starting the visit.
- Many visits involve a substantial amount of walking and may include climbing steps or stairs. Stout footwear is essential.
- Some visit locations may specify the wearing of appropriate protective clothing or equipment. Failure to comply with this may result in the attendee not taking part in the visit.
- Should an attendee have a medical condition that may affect them during a visit, it is their responsibility to make the visit organiser aware of the condition before the visit takes place. All such information will be treated as confidential.
- All visits are at your own risk.
Photography and Conduct
- Photography (image and video) is usually permitted but visit attendees must respect any restrictions by the site owner, guide or representative. Photographers must not hold up the wider ARG group.
- Photographs of individuals should not be taken without their prior agreement.
- All attendees must conform to any requests by the site owner, guide or representative and remain with the group at all times.
- At working establishments, especially military ones, appropriate standards of clothing are required, i.e. smart casual.
- By taking part in a visit, attendees agree to any requested security details being shared with staff at the visit location by the ARG Visits Manager. Personal data held by the Visits Manager for the purpose of a visit will be removed/deleted within a period of 12 months after the event.